Thursday, July 30, 2015

Wyoming is pretty...Really? Really!

This past week I got back from a lengthy trip around the greater Yellowstone area and was reminded that Wyoming actually has some virtue.  Yep, you heard me right.  I know...typically when I think of Wyoming I think of the times I've been stuck on I-80 in a snow storm that looks like this (thanks to weather.com for the picture):


or, the fact that it doesn't matter if I'm driving north, south, east or west but there is always a serious headwind blowing.  I'm just glad I'm not a biker in that state!

That being said, Wyoming really does have some amazingly beautiful scenery and outdoor activities to take advantage of.   Here's a few reminders from my latest trip.

Mountain peaks galore including some of the most prominent peaks in the world.
Mormon Row has both historic structures and the majestic Tetons for photo ops.

The Tetons truly are spectacularly rugged!
 
 

Canyons that rival any canyon.
Clark's Fork view at Sunlight Creek Gorge Bridge (a 1200' gorge! along the Chief Joseph Scenic Byway)


The Big and small of fishing.

Ya, and to think I caught one tinier than this guppy!

Flowers and more flowers.
On top of Beartooth Pass


Waterfalls and waterways.
The lesser known Moose Falls
 

And who can forget the wildlife!  I'm not sure what was going on but it was spectacular this year! I saw a Mountain Goat along Yellowstone River (really), a bison that has a serious rocky mountain oyster issue and a ton of bear! In fact, this year I saw an amazing 22 grizzly bear in a 5 day period! 
These are just a couple of the 22 grizzly bear!!!
 
You can't miss bison in the park now days...this guy has prostate issues - can anyone say Rocky Mountain Oysters?
Yes, there is a mountain goat right in the middle of the picture
So, despite what we typically think of Wyoming, it really is pretty.  Really!

You can find these pictures and more from my trip posted in the NEW gallery until my next post.  After that, you can find them under their respective "location" or "type" gallery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment